Thursday, September 20, 2018

POST-APOCALYPTICYNICISM

I wonder what will eventually emerge when this whole "United States of America" concept comes crashing to the ground.

A former classmate of Christine Blasey Ford tells NPR that she does not know if an alleged sexual assault by Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh took place as she first suggested on social media.

"That it happened or not, I have no idea," Cristina King Miranda told NPR's Nina Totenberg. "I can't say that it did or didn't."

Cristie could say it yesterday.

That's different from what Miranda wrote Wednesday in a now-deleted Facebook post that stated definitively, "The incident DID happen, many of us heard about it in school."

A neat trick insofar as the alleged incident allegedly took place in the summer. Allegedly.  But screw it, public libel is better than sex.

"In my [Facebook] post, I was empowered and I was sure it probably did [happen]," Miranda told NPR.

Or would be if IDIOTS didn't keep demanding stupid male crap like "facts" and "truth" and whether or not something actually happened,

"I had no idea that I would now have to go to the specifics and defend it before 50 cable channels and have my face spread all over MSNBC news and Twitter."

Sucks when people call out lying through your teeth for purely political ends, doesn't it?

3 comments:

TJ McMahon said...

I think we should do in depth interviews with all of Justin Welby's classmates....just an idea....

Christopher Johnson said...

Absolutely, what with Welby masterminding the Gunpowder Plot and all. I don't know that for a fact but I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere.

Katherine said...

Oh, TJ, thanks for the laugh!