Wednesday, October 3, 2018

BOMBSHELL(CHORTLE)

The Democratic Party Secretarial Pool has Brett Kavanaugh dead-to-rights.

The New York Times has unearthed an artifact from Brett Kavanaugh's youth: A letter preparing for "Beach Week" in the summer of 1983. In it, the 18-year-old Kavanaugh gives seven Georgetown Prep classmates details of a rented condo in Ocean City, Md.—and warns of the dangers of eviction. "Any girls we can beg to stay there are welcomed with open ..." he writes to fellow members of what classmates describe as a hard-partying clique of football players. The first students to arrive should "warn the neighbors that we’re loud, obnoxious drunks with prolific pukers among us," writes Kavanaugh, whose teenage drinking has been in the spotlight amid sexual assault claims.

A teen-aged boy planned a party.  Ooh.  Doesn't get any worse than that.

I don't know which is sadder, the fact that the Times actually ran with this crap or that Newser actually thought it was important enough to mention.  Me, I have to figure that if I worked for the Times right about now, I'd tell everyone I came in contact with in Manhattan that I worked for the Weekly World News.  Otherwise, the humiliation would kill me.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

One wonders if these people will ever realize how stupid they look to normal Americans.