Thursday, October 18, 2018

SUXTABEE U.

Guy who just won a women's cycling championship is upset that people are upset about it.

Earlier this week I wrote about Rachel McKinnon, the transgender professional cyclist who recently won a gold medal at the 2018 UCI Masters. I was far from the only one pointing out that a man (or “biological male” as some prefer to say) competing against women in most any athletic endeavor is patently unfair and professional athletic organizations need to address this situation before it spreads further. Well, it turns out that McKinnon wasn’t impressed with the feedback he was receiving and lashed out at his critics in typical social justice warrior fashion. (Washington Examiner)

Well of course xyz&%$+#e did.

McKinnon hit out at the criticism immediately following her victory both on social media and in interviews.

“I think there is absolutely no evidence that I have an unfair advantage…”

“People who oppose transgender inclusion in sport put us in the double bind. It’s the “damned if you do, damned if you don’t” scenario.

“If I win, they attribute it to me being trans and having an unfair advantage. If I lose, the same people think I must not be good anyway. People will never attribute my winning to hard work which is what I think I deserve.”

Uh huh.  Me, I can't wait for the guy who sues for the right to compete with the gals in the Olympics. Think NBC won't turn that into the most Episcopal sermon ever shoved down the national throat?  If past performance is indicative of future results, NBC as well as the rest of "American journalism" will be particularly insufferable.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Love your xyz&%$+#e pronoun construction.

Some of us who are biologically female have been pointing out for some time that this "transgender" stuff means the end of women's sports, and perhaps the end of men and women. This cyclist is a man. He's stronger than women because he's got a stronger bone and muscle structure. Some of those advantages remain in spite of estrogen treatments. I am a tall woman, strong for my age, but any man my height is stronger than I am, and probably men several inches shorter are stronger as well.