Monday, September 17, 2018

FINGERNAILS ON A CHALKBOARD

The Episcopalians are still using it, Katherine.

Episcopalians rally around ‘Way of Love’ framework for LIVING INTO Jesus Movement

I spent a little more than a decade watching "official" Anglicanism's long, slow, sad decline into High-Church Unitarian sludge.  And no expression ever used by those people ever drove me up a freaking WALL faster or better than "living into."

What in the name of St. Anselm and the ontological argument does "live into" even mean anyway? Is it different from "live out of" or "live alongside" or "live in back of" or "live above and slightly to the right?" Or is it shorthand for when you desperately want to sound profound only you have nothing even remotely profound to communicate?

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Aargh!

I try to "live up to" God's standards, and because I'm human, I fail, but that's what I try to do.