Friday, September 20, 2019

ANDY?

Three questions.  Aren't cows going to cut the cheese whether we eat them or not?  If everyone in the entire world stops eating cows, won't that mean that there will be more cows letting one rip than there would be otherwise?  And if that's the case, won't cutting out the occasional New York Strip get us to DoomsdayTM even faster than we'd get there if we kept on eating cows?

UPDATE: A top-shelf sirloin isn't the only thing Andy thinks that you'd better start getting used to the idea of not having ever again.

Democratic presidential candidate Andrew Yang said the United States may have to eliminate private car ownership to combat climate change during MSNBC's climate forum at Georgetown University Thursday morning.

"What we're really selling is not the car, it's mobility," he said. "So if you have mobility that's then tied into a much more, if you had like, for example, this constant roving fleet of electric cars that you would just order up, then you could diminish the impact of ground transportation on our environment very, very quickly."

Okay by me.   Since I don't have enough money coming in to keep a car gassed up and repaired, I don't own a car and I doubt if I'll ever again own a car for what remains of my life.  I let my driver's license expire and I live where I currently do because there's a supermarket/pharmacy right across the street.  If I have to be farther away (my doctor's office, say), I call Uber or Lyft.

Gotten rid of your car yet, Andy?  I love being better than other people.

Nevertheless, a few questions suggest themselves.  How much would these electric car rides cost me?  Will I still be able to take the car trips to the American Southwest that I used to love so much?  What happens to your electric fleet when the St. Louis area is hit with a MASSIVE storm which knocks power out for several weeks so that the fleet can't recharge? 

What happens when a delightfully playful group of Young People Who Are Our Future play a fun prank and summon the entire fleet to one small section of town, causing me to miss my vitally-important meeting, costing my company an account which it desperately needed to survive and throwing me and all my coworkers out of our jobs?

Andy?  You can't toss ideas around just because you recently cleaned your bong and your weed was high-grade.  Think these things through.  War game them, you might say.

UPDATE: Props for your honesty, Andy.  But serious Democrats know full well that this crap doesn't sell in Flyover Country.

4 comments:

Katherine said...

Leftists lack an acquaintance with the law of unintended consequences. It's part of the real world, but that's not where they live.

Ed the Roman said...

Unspoken "in stop eating beef" is "we're going to depopulate the world of cows when we stop."

BillB said...

Yang is a complete idiot. His goal is the Hunger Games world where he and his ilk are the Capitol City Elite and the rest of us struggle to even live.

Those electric cars aren't going to cut it when they are only about 20 percent efficient in the use of the generated electric power. The actual break down I saw was the efficiency in use of fuel. A hydrocarbon burning vehicle delivers about 42% of the energy in fuel whereas an electric vehicle only delivers about 10% of the energy in the fuel used to generate the electricity it uses. Solar and wind power only provide at the most 8% of our current electric power; there is no way in any short period of time (10 or 20 years) that the deficit can be made up. So us proles get to live in thatched mud huts at best but more likely just get rounded up and terminated for being excess. These idiots won't even consider a crash program into nuclear fusion because it is NUCLEAR and the proles don't need power anyway.

The whole of the Democrat Party presidential candidates are a total laughing stock but there are their idiot minions who will vote for them.

The Little Myrmidon said...

E. the R., The world won't be completely depopulated of cows. I'm sure a very small wild herd will be kept in some African nature preserve, so we can gawk at them and take pictures with our telephoto lenses.