Sunday, October 6, 2019

KANSANS BEHAVING BADLY

When you call up this site, do you know what that picture is?  It's western Kansas.  I don't know where exactly in western Kansas that picture was taken but it's the country where my paternal grandmother, one of the few people in my family that I really liked (it still kills me that I neglected to get her Kansas Chowder recipe after she died, still sharp as a tack after 93 years; dear LORD, that stuff was good), was born and where she grew up.

Somewhere around Ness City.

To be perfectly honest, I really wouldn't mind dying in western Kansas..  If I had some place to go and enough money to pull it of, I'd move there tomorrow.  I'm pretty sure that there's Web access everywhere now, most of the television I watch these days comes over my phone and I have to figure that the thunderstorms out that way would really kick ass.

So for lots of reasons, I like to consider myself kind of a Kansan.  Sort of.  Even now.

The University of Kansas apologized for its risque Late Night at the Phog event in which rapper Snoop Dogg performed, stripper poles were wheeled onto the Allen Fieldhouse floor, and fake money was shot over the heads of prospective recruits, the AP reports. Athletic director Jeff Long said Friday night "we expected a clean version of the show." The Jayhawks instead got an R-rated performance for their annual basketball kickoff. "We made it clear to the entertainers' managers that we expected a clean version of the show and took additional steps to communicate to our fans, including moving the artist to the final act of the evening, to ensure that no basketball activities would be missed if anyone did not want to stay for his show," Long said in a statement.

Them's my people.

No comments: